The Wrigley Mansion
2466 N. Lakeview, Chicago, IL 60614
Offered at $6,650,000
Built in 1896 – 15,000 square feet – 9 bedrooms, 6.3 baths – 2 car garage – 2 unit coach house
Perfect use for a private residence, condominium conversion, school, retail,
office, hotel, restaurant, banquet hall, museum or art gallery.
City, State and Federal tax incentives are available.
The Theurer-Wrigley House, affectionately known as the ‘Wrigley Mansion,’ is arguably one of Chicago’s most recognizable and cherished architectural treasures. Listed in the National Registry of Historic places and a Chicago Landmark, this magnificent estate was designed by famed architect Richard Schmidt and completed in 1896. The mansion was then purchased by the Wrigley Family in 1911. The steel and concrete structure is clad in an elegant baroque terra cotta tile and patinated copper roof. Exceeding 13,000 square feet, the main house features: 9 bedrooms; 6.3 baths; a grand foyer; a solarium; butler’s pantry; wine bar; walk-in vault; game rooms; staff quarters; a mahogany paneled library; sprawling master suite with his and hers baths; and top floor ball room with unobstructed Lincoln Park and Lake Michigan views. The home has been lovingly preserved and is exquisitely finished with rich and exotic mahogany, cherry, and bird’s eye maple woods, marble fireplaces and fixtures, intricate mosaic tile, ornate hardware, and glowing gold and silver leaf coffered ceilings. The property also includes a 2000 square foot, 3-story coach house with ground floor storage and garage bays, and two residential units above. Parkvue Realty is proud to offer this extraordinary masterpiece to the next generation of stewards, curators, and residents.